You can get all hung up in a prickle-ly perch.
And your gang will fly on.
You’ll be left in a Lurch.
You’ll come down from the Lurch with an unpleasant bump.
And the chances are, then, that you’ll be in a Slump.
And when you’re in a Slump, you’re not in for much fun.
Un-slumping yourself is not easily done.
Relationships get in a rut. Careers slump. Spirituality stagnates. Fitness stalls. Plateaus are a way of life. It can be tempting to quit but that is rarely a good idea. The solution is to increase our effort. Up our game.
I recently asked some of our clients, “Who has hit a plateau in their fitness?” I knew there were a few who had stalled and still had weight to lose but it was interesting that some who replied were very lean and fit but still wanting more results. Regardless of where we are on the continuum in any area we can “stall”. We do not have to stay there though.
If you have stalled in fitness here are a few ways to get things rolling again:
- Fitness – Increase the intensity of each interval
- Food – Make a food consultation with someone to find ways to improve your diet. We all have to do it from time to time*
- Sleep – Increase the time you sleep
- Sitting – Avoid sitting more than 45 minutes at a time
- Be active – There is no daily workout that is good enough to make up for an inactive lifestyle. Find some extra things to do during the day to get your heart rate up. A walk, a few extra pushups or some jumping jacks. Anything that gets your heart rate up.
Plateaus in any area of life are just an opportunity to grow in new ways. We could take the above principles and apply them in some form to our spirituality, career or relationships. Let’s up our game and see what a little renewed effort can do.
Feeling stuck? You can always schedule 1 on 1 consults at no charge with our full-time staff!
Just click here to schedule: https://ascentlifefitness.com/consultation/